Consulting Services: ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL AND HEALTH IMPACT ASSESSMENT (ESHIA) STUDIES
(Date of Issue: 18th March 2022)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST( READVERTISED)
The Government of the Republic of Sierra Leone has allocated some funds to conduct an Environmental, Social and Health Impact Assessment necessary for the development of fish harbor and ancillary facilities in Sierra Leone to enhance efficiency in the sustainable management of fisheries and marine resources
- The main objective of this assignment is to carry out the studies in order to obtain an environmental permit for the Construction of a fish harbor and export terminal with required infrastructure for fish processing, cold storage and support services, fishing vessels maintenance and manufacturing factories, fish testing laboratory, staff and social housing services in Black Johnson Village
- The consulting services will include conducting a Strategic Environment Assessment (SEA) in collaboration with the land-use plan being carried out by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Subsequently, a full Environmental, Social and Health Impact Assessment (ESHIA) report will be required for the proposed fisheries harbour. The ESHIA report will be commensurate with the provisions under the Environmental Protection Agency in Sierra Leone Act and Regulations.
- The Government of Sierra Leone now invites eligible consultant firms to express their interest in providing the above mentioned services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, and/or partnership arrangements to deliver the package of services, etc.). Multiple consultants’ firms may join together or associate under the direction of a lead consultant firm if required to improve their capacity to deliver the services.
- The consultant services are expected to last for 6 months (Start of ESHIA Process to Issuance of ESHIA License). The assignment is expected to start by August 2021
- A firm will be selected under Quality and Cost Based Selection procedures, in accordance with the National Public Procurement Act 2016 and its Regulations 2020, which can be found at the following NPPA website: www.nppa.gov.sl
- Additionally, the following documents are required:
a. Signed Submission Form
b. A valid Tax Certificate from the National Revenue Authority (NRA)
c. A Business Registration Certificate
d. Class “A” Firm Certificate from the EPA
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 0900 to 1700 hours Monday to Friday
The Senior Procurement Officer
Ministry of fisheries and Marine Resources
7the Floor Youyi Building, Brookfields, Freetown
- Expressions of interest must be delivered in sealed envelopes to the above address by 1200 hours GMT on 24th March, 2022 and any submissions received after the time and date stipulated above SHALL NOT be accepted. The applications will be opened in the conference room on the same date immediately after the closing in the presence of respondents or their representatives who choose to attend.